I couldn’t be happier when I saw that the velvet trend was back in style. I remember how it used to be a thing during the 90s! I grew up wearing cute velvet dresses as a little girl. I was always a fan of that smooth and classy fabric. The thing with velvet is that it can make you look sultry as well as a well-behaved girl; it all depends how you style it.
I remember watching ‘Clueless’ and being obsessed with Cher as a kid. She was one of my favorite character and I was always drawn to her sense of style. Cher would always style her velvet outfits in a very feminine way and sometimes layering her dresses over white t-shirts. Since then, I always thought about growing up and being as stylish as her. Well, seems that my visions became true and here I am styling outfits every week as a style blogger. I never thought I would take it that far but my love for fashion pushed me towards it all the time.
Now let’s get back to velvet, I received that pink velvet dress from Shein.com and I’m absolutely obsessed with it. It fits me perfectly and I love how refined it looks. I think it’s the perfect dress for a night out. I styled it with silver pendant earrings and a silver cuff bracelet to make the outfit look more sophisticated. For make up, I opted for a pink and smoky eyes, along with my favorite matte pink lipstick from the velvet edition of Bourjois (I love how it feels on my lips and the best part is that it’s long-lasting: a must-try if you like matte lipsticks). I chose to wear the dress with my black ankle booties to make the look more edgy.
Here are some tips for styling velvet:
- Start discretely with the velvet trend if you feel it’s too daring to wear. You can start with velvet accessories such as headbands, bags, chokers or shoes.
- Add a black hat and black combat boots for a grunge look.
- Wear your velvet dress over a collared shirt, letting the collar peak out. This is a great tip for fall.
- Add a leather jacket to make it look more edgy.
- Adopt the 90s style by wearing it with a choker.
- Make it look more adorable by wearing your velvet slip dress over a white t-shirt.
- Opt for a beautiful and classy velvet dress and wear it with minimal accessories and a simple heel to make it stand out.
Hope you like this look! Xoxo