High-waisted shorts have been all over the place this year. The look has mainly grabbed more attention at events such as Coachella where the sexy outfit was spotted on many fashion girls. I am also fond of this trend as it perfectly suits my style on a hot summer day. I don’t see why many guys keep on complaining that it’s the worst trend ever for girls, making their bums look shapeless and like grannies. Well, I think it’s not the case and these shorts can be very flattering if you know how to style them properly. And hey guys, you know how the saying goes: “Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves and of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys, they’d just walk around naked at all times.”
I chose to wear my high-waisted denim shorts with a black crop top, and add a boho touch to it with the boho kimono. I paired it with my python boots, silver accessories (I absolutely love my angel wings ring) and a pop of color to the whole outfit with the mustard-colored bag.
Keep scrolling to see the photos and I would appreciate your comments. I’m eager to know how you like wearing your high-waisted shorts.
Here are 15 ways to style these sexy shorts:
- Play it safe by wearing your high-waisted shorts with a crop top. It always works!
- Tuck in your plain tank top in the shorts along with flats and sunnies. Just the perfect summer look!
- Wear it at the beach on a cute bikini top while walking by the sea or just lazying by the pool.
- Go for a boho look by adding up a boho kimono and heels. Just like I did in the photos below.
- If you like the rock style, tuck in the front of a graphic t-shirt and get your nice booties!
- Tie up the front of your shirt and wear it with your high-waisted shorts.
- For a more sophisticated look, wear it with a button up blouse and a blazer. Elegant and classy for sure!
- For a sexier look, wear it with a bustier top or corset. This will surely make some heads turn!
- Mix it with a leather jacket for a more edgy look.
- Who said you cannot wear it in winter? Go for thigh high socks, boots, long sleeves shirts and beanie to make it more appealing. Just add the layers!
- Sweater and sneakers can also be a right combination with high-waisted shorts for a casual look.
- Don’t want to be too revealing? Wear it with a boxy crop top to look chic.
- For a bad girl look, wear it with your flannel shirt tucked in, along with combat boots.
- Wear it with a lace top and a belt to be more stylish.
- Opt for the total denim look by pairing it with a nice denim shirt, tucked in.